I know summer seems a long way off on these cold and windy days, but I know my feet are looking a bit neglected. Try to foot file the dry hard skin, whilst your feet are dry, so as not to try and file off too much hard skin in one go, then apply foot cream, will look great in no time and lovely when those flip-flops come back out.
Better still, treat yourself to a Pedicure to get your feet back on track and then you can start to have great feet as soon as those new Peep Toe Wedges and Flip-Flops come out! I have bought some gorgeous wedges from Debenhams, can’t wait to slip into them.
I can offer you a lovely Footlogix Pedicure for £25.00 or a Shellac Gel Pedicure for £30.00.
Please remember that your feet are so important, good fitting shoes and looking after your feet should be an essential.
I thought I would share a few tips with you, that are relevant for the coming few months:
Mascara – how old is yours? Ideally you should replace your Mascara every 2 months, yes that’s right every 2 months, bacteria can collect in that dark tube and Mascara dries out. Try not to pump the tube as this speeds up the drying out process. For everyday use try using a water-based or water resistant Mascara, only use waterproof ones when necessary.
Make-up Primer – this is a must have in the make-up bag, apply a small pea size all over the face and neck, primers smooth out the fine lines, stops caking of make-up and you may not even need foundation, for a natural day look, for those of us that wear a full face of make-up, a primer is the product that will allow your make-up to stay and look good all day. Arbonne Make-up Primer cost £25.00, contact me if you need some.
Things to pop on the shopping list for 2011:
Moisturiser with an SPF 15 as a minimum
If you can change to mineral make-up then try to start introducing mineral make-up to your bag.
Welcome to my first ever blog
A few bits about me – Julie Hamblin
- Qualified beauty & holistic therapist working from a home based salon near Guildford
- A thinker and a dreamer when I have the time
- A mum of two lovely teenagers (they are today, tomorrow who knows)!!!
- About me – strong yet vulnerable (aren’t we all), loveliness, reliable, great friend, loyal, you get what you see!
- Love to learn, always looking for that new thing, or should I say – treatment not handbag, shoes or dress
- Volunteer for LGFB – Look Good Feel Better charity which supports women living with cancer – www.lgfb.co.uk
- Play stoolball for Wonersh Ladies Stoolball Club, always looking for new players
- Getting into Facebook – Beauty by Julie and Twitter – lusciouslashes1